Welcome to a free-to-access online relational database that applies the Hindsight from previous Incidents (i.e. LoPC/LoC Process Safety Events), the Insight from current Media and the Foresight from future Events to facilitate more effective Learning from and Acting upon the negative & positive experiences from Major Accidents.
We aim to Inform the next generation of Leaders & Duty-Holders, Remind the current generation of Industry Veterans & Engage all Stakeholders by Curating, Collating & Connecting the wealth of publicly available Process Safety data, information & knowledge to create and sustain Operational Wisdom.
At the heart of the database are Lessons aligned with internationally recognised Process Safety Management (PSM) frameworks that can be applied through the use of technologies or Topics.
The key areas of the site are summarised below:
- Incidents from existing databases and published research presented Historically, Geographically and on their Anniversary. They are classified by Industry, Hazards & Consequences and grouped by LoC Cause as well as captured as scenario Summaries.
- Media including Podcasts, Incident Videos, Webinar Recordings and a variety of posts & publications such as the IChemE Safety Centre Safety Lore & Case Studies.
- Events including Classroom Training, Conferences, Live Webinars, Online Training and Workshops & Meetings with face-to-face events mapped by location.
- Lessons aligned to familiar PSM framework elements.
- Topics related to Lessons.
- Bulletins and Alerts including the CCPS Process Safety Beacon, EPSC Learning Sheets, IChemE Loss Prevention Bulletin, ICI Newsletters and HSE Safety Alerts.
- Intelligence to inform & guide with insights from current illustrators & story-tellers and inspiration from thought leaders such as Trevor Kletz. Process Safety research, education, software & support is also shared.
Incidents, Media & Events are all presented as calendar (event) entries – simply click on LEARN MORE for details (hyperlink) of the event and/or click on RELATED EVENTS for associated events. Use the Search or Filter icons to focus on specific events or types of events.
We’ve developed a neutral platform to provide unbiased promotion of Process Safety solutions, so please contact us if you wish to showcase your Event, Education, Services or Software or simply share your Research.
You can also follow us via the following social media channels:
Incident Timeline ‘On this day in History’ @majoraccidents
Media & Event Updates @processevents